What Kind of Communicator Are You?
Coach yourself today.
Do you want to be a better communicator?
- Close your eyes and envision you are an extraordinary communicator, what do you see? What do you hear? How do you feel?
- Are you picturing yourself as confident, articulate, persuasive, funny, a good listener, a good negotiator? What do you, the good communicator, look like? What are you wearing, what is your body language telling you?
- Write it all down. Some ideas may be:
- Non Judgemental
- Good posture
Next look at your list and pick the top five that will make the biggest difference in you becoming a better communicator.
- Order them one to five, one being most impactful.
- Write down what taking on this attribute would look/feel like. Write what would change if you adopted this trait. Be specific and give examples.
- Pick someone you trust and who you think has these effective communication skills. Tell them you want to work on improving your communication and ask if they will help keep you accountable.
- Set realistic goals and make a plan to check in with this person consistently.
Good luck. I know that by setting the intention to improve, doing this exercise and asking for help, you are already on your way to becoming a better communicator. If you want to become an excellent communicator, you might want to consider investing in a coach.
Do you want to raise your clarity and self-awareness? Coaching can help you become more intentional, empathetic and caring to yourself and others. Call Galia!
Continue the conversation by leaving a comment on The Good Men Project.